THE 86TH ANNUAL HOLLYWOOD CHRISTMAS PARADE FEATURING MARINE TOYS FOR TOTS FOUNDATION WITH GRAND MARSHAL, DR. OZ
Rock Band Float with Aerialists, Fan Dancers and Kickline performing with Encore High School Hippogriffs from the Encore Junior/Senior High School for the Arts from Hesperia, CA
- Nebuta Marching Unit and Nebuta Float will return to the parade this year, and is inspired by the popular Nebuta Festival of Aomori Prefecure, one of the largest and most famous festivals in all of Japan that dates back hundreds of years. The Nebuta Float was designed by Japanese Masters Artist, Hiroo Takenami, specifically to be showcased here in Los Angeles. Its colorful design is carefully hand-painted and constructed of traditional washi paper and outfitted with over 3,000 LED lights.
- This year’s float depicts the “Legends of Yoshitsune,” the story of the celebrated General of the Minamoto clan, Minamoto no Yoshitsune, who by divine power safely travels across the ocean for battle. The float is sponsored by <http://www.lanebuta.com>
- The Way To Happiness with actress Nancy Cartwright, Voice of Bart Simpson on “The Simpsons.” Sponsored by the Association for Better Living and Education.
- Miss Hollywood International Studios, Silvio Nicholas Walters, Presents “Heroes and Villians,” a array of original designs by Silvio Nicholas Walters starring Samantha Hart as The American Commander and Sweety Vaga as Bastet Cat Goddess, along with the Amazon Warriors. The American Commander is inspired by heroes of today and our common path. The American Commander represents the idea of empowerment for all people.
- The 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade will culminate with the much-awaited arrival of Santa Claus and His Reindeer, ushering in the holiday season, accompanied by two United States Marine Corps escorts. Santa’s Elves have adorned his ceremonial robe with snowflakes and thousands of Swarovski Crystals, in addition to weaving in 500 red crystals in the Poinsettia on Santa’s hat.
The City of Los Angeles, Departments of Transportation (LADOT) and Police (LAPD) will be strictly enforcing the no-parking policy for the Hollywood Christmas Parade, which includes the citing and the impounding of parked vehicles on restricted streets.
Impounded vehicles will be towed to the Official Police Garage (OPG) at Hollywood Tow located at 1015 N. Mansfield Avenue <https://maps.google.com/?q=
Motorists are advised to check the OPG website at <http://www.opglaviic.com> to find their vehicle.
To retrieve impounded vehicles call either 311 or Hollywood Tow at (323) 466-8583 The following locations and restrictions will be enforced to support the Hollywood Christmas Parade activities:
Parade-watchers are urged to use public transit. For more information call Metro at (323) GO-METRO or visit its website at: <http://www.metro.net>
LADOT is dedicated to moving Los Angeles forward as quickly and safely as possible. Drivers, bus riders, bicyclists and pedestrians are encouraged to visit LADOT’s website at <http://www.ladot.lacity.org> for information about DASH, Commuter Express, bicycling in the City and an array of transportation services.
Area commuters can visit the Department’s website at http://ladot.lacity.org for bicycle and parking facilities information. For real-time traffic information visit: http://trafficinfo.lacity.org Real-time traffic reports are a product of LADOT, innovators of the Automated Traffic Surveillance and Control System technology.
Parking is always a premium in Hollywood. The best place to park is in one of the Grant Parking lots throughout Hollywood or at the Hollywood & Highland Shopping Complex. Most lots are paid parking – please contact the individual lot for pricing.
More About The Hollywood Christmas Parade:
2017 marks the historic 86th Anniversary of the Hollywood Christmas Parade, an American tradition. The parade is produced by Associated Television International and presented in association with The City of Los Angeles. The annual live parade is held in the streets of Hollywood attracting more than one million people. During the Red Carpet Arrivals Event at this year’s live parade on Sunday, November 26th Councilmember Mitch O’Farrell will present this year’s Parade Grand Marshal Dr. Oz with a Certificate of Recognition from The City of Los Angeles for his career accomplishments.
The live parade features 5,000 participants, and will be taped for multiple nationwide network television broadcasts to be aired during the holiday season. The parade will travel along a 3.2 mile U-shaped route starting at Orange Street and Hollywood Boulevard traveling east on Hollywood Boulevard to Vine Street, turning south on Vine Street to Sunset Boulevard, and then turning west on Sunset Boulevard traveling back to Orange Street. Grandstand seats are now completely SOLD OUT. FREE Curbside Seating will be available along the parade route, starting at the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, continuing along the rest of the parade route on Vine Street and Sunset Boulevard.
The 86th Annual Hollywood Christmas Parade will premiere as a two-hour primetime special on The CW Network on Friday, December 15, 2017 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT (7:00 p.m. CT) and will be seen on Hallmark after The CW broadcast. The parade will also air to more than one million American servicemen and women worldwide on the American Forces Network during the holiday season. The parade will also feature a Special Tribute for Toys For Tots by Ludacris and Special Tributes to “The Young and the Restless” and “Days of Our Lives.”