Disneyland Resort continues the Disney100 anniversary celebration with the reopening of the reimagined Mickey’s Toontown at Disneyland Park on March 19, 2023. The reimagined land offers young families even more experiences to enjoy together in a distinct area of Disneyland Park, adjacent to Fantasyland, home of “it’s a small world” and the uplifting “Tale of the Lion King.”
Mickey’s Toontown was thoughtfully designed by Walt Disney Imagineering to try to remove as many barriers to play as possible, with more open green spaces for gathering and play. At this animated neighborhood, families can explore, discover and unwind together while enjoying:
Jeff Shaver-Moskowitz, Portfolio Executive Producer at Walt Disney Imagineering quote
“Mickey’s Toontown first opened 30 years ago, so there are generations of Disneyland Resort guests who have grown up with and made magical memories here. Walt Disney Imagineering set out to keep the essence of what makes Mickey’s Toontown special for so many while evolving it for the coming generations of families who can’t wait to make new memories here.”
- New interactive areas, including CenTOONial Park, Goofy’s How-To-Play Yard, and Donald’s Duck Pond.
- The new, family-friendly attraction Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, which features no age/height restriction.
- Photo opportunities with Mickey Mouse and some of his pals. For the first time at any Disney park, Pete will also make appearances.
- Favorite returning attractions, such as Roger Rabbit’s Car Toon Spin, and the transformed fun-sized attraction Chip ‘n’ Dale’s GADGETcoaster.
- Two all-new food and beverage locations, Café Daisy and Good Boy! Grocers and merchandise shop, EngineEar Souvenirs.