Based on the New York Times’ bestselling novel by Pulitzer Prize-winner Annie Proulx, BARKSKINS follows a disparate group of outcasts and dreamers battling to escape their pasts while navigating the brutal frontier hardships, competing interests, and tangled loyalties at the crossroads of civilization: the New World.
- Lily Sullivan as DELPHINE — an innocent Filles du Roi with a terrible secret. She has crossed the Atlantic under the sponsorship of King Louis XIV to pick a French husband and populate New France.
- Thomas M. Wright as ELISHA COOKE — a cutthroat English barrel maker and smuggler who has schemed his way into New France and clashes with the French locals
- David Wilmot as CONSTABLE BOUCHARD — French King Louis XIV’s cantankerous local constable who is tasked with keeping law and order in the lawless town of Wobik.
- Kaniehtiio (Tiio) Horn as MARI — a French and Wendat Nation woman who lives with Trepagny. She suspects he is planning to marry a French Filles du Roi and takes matters into her own hands.
- Christian Cooke as RENE SEL — an uncynical and morally sound indentured servant to Trepagny. Sel wants to work the land and start a family in New France.
- ames Bloor as CHARLES DUQUET — a scrappy, industrious scoundrel signed to servitude under Trepagny. Duquet quickly realizes he’s not cut out for manual labor and plots his escape and reinvention.
- Zahn McClarnon as YVON — a Harvard-educated Anishinaabe (Ojibwe) man of the Hudson’s Bay Company.
- Aneurin Barnard as HAMISH GOAMES — a mysterious agent of the rapacious Hudson’s Bay Company. Goames is investigating the massacre that opens the series and has a hidden personal agenda.
Nat Geo did a fantastic job bringing the world of New France alive giving the audience an immersive experience of the early settlers. We had a chance to chat with someof the scast members about their experince filming the series.
BARKSKINS will premiere on May 25th on NAT GEO.