Hosted by Award-winning actor Simu Liu, Plus Keynote Speaker Daniel Dae Kim And Performances by Amber Liu, Kodi Lee, MILCK, and MIYAVI
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. (December 14, 2019) – Character Media, a subsidiary of the Imperial Family Companies, announced today the winners of the 18th Annual Unforgettable Gala presented by Lexus, during a star-studded gala at The Beverly Hilton. The Gala is the preeminent awards show to recognize Asian American icons and changemakers in the entertainment industry, who are representing the community through their creativity and excellence. Nominees were voted on by Character Media’s selection committee of experts, who represent various fields and creative disciplines, including film, television, music, sports, digital technology and philanthropy.
- The following are this year’s winners:
- Actor/Actress in TV:
- Nico Santos – “Superstore”
- Actor/Actress on Film:
- Awkwafina – “The Farewell”
- Breakout Actor/Actress on Television:
- Maya Erskine – “Pen15”
- Breakout Actor/Actress on Film:
- Charles Melton – “The Sun is Also a Star”
- Comic Performance:
- Ali Wong – “Always Be My Maybe”
- Lulu Wang – “The Farewell”
- Digital Influencer:
- Bobby Hundreds
- Vanguard Award:
- The cast and crew of “The Farewell”
- Lexus Legacy Award:
- The cast and crew of “Fresh Off The Boat”
- Pechanga Athlete on Another Level:
- Kevin Na
About The Unforgettable Gala:
The Unforgettable Gala was created by James Ryu, founder, and publisher of award-winning magazines “KoreAm Journal,” “Audrey Magazine,” and “Kore Asian Media,” all of which now operate as Character Media. Founded in 2002, the black-tie gala honors both established and upcoming talents in film, television, and music.
For more information and the latest news, please visit the official website https://unforgettablegala.com/.
ABOUT CHARACTER MEDIA
Character Media has been the premier source of news and events for the Asian American entertainment community for more than 25 years (under its former titles “Kore Asian Media,” “KoreAm Journal” and “Audrey Magazine”). Character Media traces its roots back to 1990 when the publication was founded by Jung Shig Ryu and his son, current publisher James Ryu, under the name “KoreAm Journal.”
All of Ryu’s publishing efforts are a subsidiary of Imperial Family Companies (formerly known as London Trust Media), a media group that highlights Asian Americans who are making their mark in the entertainment industry.
- Follow on Facebook (@CharacterMediaCom)
- Twitter (@Character_Media)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/character.media/)
- YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/c/charactermedia)
Trending Hashtag: #UNFO